Saturday, May 24, 2014

Broke But Inspired

I just have a dislike for the sun rays. It burns so hard against my brunette skin, which is supposed to be adaptable to the condition. On a hot day, I sweat like I've been locked up in an oven. Besides, when I sweat, I feel uneasy and unpicturesque. To avoid the harsh intensity of the sun, I hop into a taxi, and off I go...that goes with an extra uncalled for expenses.

This morning, feeling quite calm and poised, I planned to check on my investment and few others important financials, I have put off for long. Leaving home in the mid-morning, enjoying the warm breeze that tranquillize my mind. I hoped for a calmer day. 
Unfortunately, it's a Friday and everybody is in town, the traffic is terrible, and as the warm breeze is being heated to saturation by the afternoon sun-rays, it becomes unbearable to be outside. Taking a transit walk in between where I'm going, I feel unease with myself. Running on empty stomach, my migraine begins to emanate, what obviously would come on my mind, is a place to calm myself down, with a good lunch. 

Still on my going green agenda, I checked in at Bonjour, ordered a salad mix without mayonnaise, with some strands of Chips. 

Whilst, engrossed with chewing the lettuce and tomatoes, that tasted bald in my mouth, a young dark-skinned skinny girl, walked up to me, to share a handbill about the world poetry day awareness campaign. I kept the conversation going, not to listen to her, but I was actually starring at her. 

I gawked at her as if she had something going on...hmmm....I think she had something going on, at least I noticed. Her dry pink lipstick plastered on lips, so dry as if being painted with a kindergarten color pencil. As she spoke, I continued to gawk, and notice how I could hardly differentiate her face from her dark top ladies t-shirt. Her dark face made the lipstick distinct, with her dry face and a month old corn roll, twirled to give her a big head. The truth is, she looks so broke. As she steals glances on my meal. 

Though the conversation lasted for just 2minutes, yet I noticed a lot. As we were jawing, she brought out her business card from a 'vieux jeu' bag. I could only but steal a glance. As she handed her card over to me, I was overwhelmed and fascinated at her mental ability. She was up to something. The card read, she was into voice overs, voice coaching and graphic designs. That's just the least to talk about when it comes to young enterprising females. But what struck me, was how I had had my mind all over her frazzling war paint, and about getting dissuaded by her sweat grinning face, whilst she being self assured, that she was branding herself right. The truth is that, it's hard to find a grin, on anybody's face, walking in this scorching sun. She was inspired, even though broke. She taught me one lesson; though the sun may be hot, it shouldn't  affect our grin, neither should it kill our passion. 

As I took my last sip, of the lemonade, I hope as I step out into this sun, my passion will rather be ignited.  


>>written on march 21 2014 By Danyl Oppong

No comments:

Post a Comment